Monday, December 26, 2011

When do you become an adult?


Think about it - at what age do you become an adult? 18; 21; 25? At what age did you feel the change of being a child to being an adult? Did you ever really feel that transition?

Now, you're officially an adult - do you still feel the same way?

Maybe you feel like now, you are supposed to be the adult, but you don't feel any different.

Have you looked back at that time and wondered "where are all the adults now??" Well, I'm more successful and have more going on in my life than the "adults" in my family (I say this objectively), and I STILL feel completely lost.

Now just imagine all those people out there, in positions of power. People who control you, and I, and hell, the entire country. If you're an intelligent, driven individual...would you have any trouble recognizing that the people in control - the "adults" of the country, are just as confused as the rest of us?

So if we take the analogy further - the people, who are just as confused as the rest of us, who are in power of this country, and the world for that matter - these people are your parents, trying to make you stupid, and poor, and powerless.

Why would my parents ever want me to be stupid or poor? Likewise, completely powerless to change those things? That's illogical - and you know it.

No comments:

Post a Comment